Saint Paul STRONG is a non-partisan organization dedicated to promoting transparent, accountable local government in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
News and Commentary
We asked all the candidates running in the 2021 Saint Paul Mayoral race whether they supported our six core principles. Find out what they said.
This November, St. Paul will vote on who will lead the Capitol City for the next 4-years. Seven candidates have thrown their hats into the ring to challenge incumbent Mayor Carter, all political outsiders who are not expected to present any threat to what should be a smooth re-election. This lack of electoral competition presents a …
St. Paul has a strong mayor system of governance. But in a high-handed fashion the current mayor has decided, perhaps illegally, that his future campaign is more important than (a) what the law says, (b) what his Planning Commission recommended and (c) what the City Council decided. Neighborhood residents are up in arms. Mayor Melvin …
Most read on Saint Paul Strong
- Which Mayoral Candidates are Committed to Transparent Government?
- City cuts sweetheart deal with Madison Equities for Downtown real estate.
- Good Intentions no substitute for Authentic engagement East Side Pig’s Eye improvement plans
- In St. Paul, taxes rise and rise and rise. Can we talk more about this?
- Politics trumps proper process in St. Paul